Total Pageviews

Sunday, January 24, 2010

POTHEAD

HHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! Chiilin'out and layin' back, enjoying the morning's dawn and looking at the day ahead....a hit to start the day...that's the life!

I love COFFEE! I buy only the best specialty blends and always look for the "better" variety or blend than the last one! I have a cup FIRST THING, even if it is to heat a cup left over from yesterday! While it is heating, I make a new POT. I switch varieties daily, so I always have a new taste every morning!

I seek the internet looking for unique, prime strains of the myriad of Arabica beans...the subtleties of light to darker roasts, I seek varieties from all corners of the Earth, always seeking that "WOW...BEST I EVER HAD" feeling...always looking for the best....only better!

I am disgusted with the quality of the wonderful commodity available on the street. I abhor the common weakness of what is generally available!

I prefer Dark roasts, super fine ground, Colombian, Kenyan or Guatemalan Arabica beans picked at the peak of their perfection, rushed to market, then to me...fresh roasted and finely ground. An occasional tweaking with Hazelnut, Pecan, Vanilla, Chocolate or Spices can also be very rewarding! A Kona hit from Hawaii now and then breaks the routine.

When it comes to ultimate pleasure, Espresso takes the cake! Wow! Talk about a HIT! Man, this is where it's at! Espresso can be enhanced with a dab of cream, a little cinnamon or nutmeg, a little vanilla and...here's the kicker...even a dollop of SOUR CREAM and almond! Coffee shops can't touch that, man!

Then there is the methodology of intake. Never, I mean NEVER, GULP! This destroys the original intent of enjoyment! SIP...lots of little hits, savoring each and every one...until the warmth of the gem fills you body and soul!

On that rare occasion, when you find the "PERFECT" blend, just when you think you are "hooked" on it, a new strain comes along to really mess with your mind! WOW!

And to think, when I was younger, I thought coffee was coffee...plain and simple! Not so, my fellow bard! Variety is the spice of life! It is man's BEST friend!

For this, I am admonished! I am called an addict! I am truly, a POTHEAD!

Won't you join me in this quest? Hit the POT with me! Come on, be a POTHEAD with me!

HHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Any correlation between this and any other subject matter is coincidental...but, maybe, intentional.

    ReplyDelete